Authenticity is vitally important to how well received you are by your target audience, and how much they trust your brand in general. Let’s look at the Facebook business tips you can use to increase your brand page’s authenticity on Facebook:
Register your username
Usernames allow Brands to easily promote their presence with a short Page address. Only an admin can create a username for a page. Your Page’s username will appear below your Page’s name, in search results and in your Page’s URL to help people find and remember your Page. An example of a username could be @nathanielmoikabiofficial if the Page name is Nathaniel Moikabi.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you create a custom username:
- You can only have one username for your Page or profile and you can’t claim a username someone else is already using.
- Usernames cannot be less than 5 characters long and can’t contain generic terms or extensions
Add your website.
Brands should always add their website to their information on the about tab of their pages for their visitors to easily navigate their way there and find out more information about them or their organization.
Add your milestones.
Brands should add their milestones to their pages because milestones are a great way of telling their company’s story. They should use milestones to highlight moments they are proud of or want to emphasize.
Like other pages on Facebook
As a brand you should show an interest in other companies by liking their pages. By liking other Pages and integrating with them, you increase their visibility and your own.
Add Information About Your Brand
You should present your organization. This gives the visitor information about your brand and what to expect if they choose to follow you on Facebook.
Add a class for your page
Here is a Complete List of Facebook Business Page Categories and Sub Categories:
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Aerospace Company, Agriculture Company, Automotive Company, Biotechnology Company, Cargo & Freight Company, Cause, Chemical Company, College & University, Community Organization, Community Services, Company, Computer Company, Consulting Agency, Education, Elementary School, Energy Company, Finance Company, Food & Beverage Company, Government Organization, Health/Beauty, High School, Industrial Company, Insurance Company, Internet Company, Labor Union, Legal Company, Media/News Company, Medical Company, Middle School, Mining Company, Non-Governmental Organization, Non-Profit Organization, Organization, Political Organization, Political Party, Preschool, Religious Organization, Retail Company, School, Science, Technology & Engineering, Telecommunication Company, Tobacco Company, and Travel Company.
- Brand or Product
- App Page, appliances, Baby Goods/Kids Goods, Bags/Luggage, Board Game, Brand, Building Materials, Camera/Photo, Cars, Clothing (Brand), Commercial Equipment, Computers (Brand), Electronics, Food & Beverage Company, Furniture, Games/Toys, Health/Beauty, Home Decor, Household Supplies, Jewelry/Watches, Kitchen/Cooking, Office Supplies, Patio/Garden, Pet Supplies, Pharmaceuticals, Phone/Tablet, Product/Service, Software, Tools/Equipment, Video Game, Vitamins/Supplements, Website, and Wine/Spirits.
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Actor, Artist, Athlete, Author, Band, Blogger, Chef, Coach, Comedian, Dancer, Entrepreneur, Fashion Model, Fictional Character, Film Director, Fitness Model, Government Official, Journalist, Motivational Speaker, Movie Character, Musician, News Personality, Pet, Photographer, Political Candidate, Politician, Producer, Public Figure, Scientist, Teacher, Video Creator, and Writer.
- Album, Amateur Sports Team, Book, book Series, Book Store, Concert Tour, Festival, Fictional Character, Library, Literary Arts, Magazine, Movie, Movie Character, Movie Theater, Movie/Television Studio, Music Award, Music Chart, Music Video, Performance & Event Venue, Performance Art, Performing Arts, Podcast, Radio Station, Record Label, School Sports Team, Show, Song, Sports League, Sports Team, Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Theatrical Play, Theatrical Productions, TV Channel, TV Network, TV Show, and TV/Movie Award.
- Cause or Community
For more information on making your brand more authentic, visit the Facebook Business Help Center